Friday, April 3, 2009

one thing jake:

Jake at fightlinker has a post up about the mainstream response to Dana White's idiot video blog. He says the mainstream media should STFU since White apologized, basically.

The anti-MMA biased coming from the mainstream is driving me crazy. All of these writers have really no clue as to what’s going on, but the minute they heard that Dana White said something mean, they all jumped on the hate bandwagon.

The problem here is that this reaction from the press is 100% predictable. Whether you or Luke "I masturbate to pictures of myself" Thomas think White should apologize or not (I think it's up to him, it's called the First Amendment), he has to be smart enough, or have hired someone smart enough, to know that acting like that kind of ridiculous idiot in an easily viewed format would cause backlash. Do you really think Dana fuckin White doesn't have a general idea of the mainstream press' view of MMA? Honestly? Like this would just slide? It wouldn't have slid if Tony Dungy said it after winning the Super Bowl. It wouldn't have slid if any major sports figure said it.
All that said, the company's announced some bullshitty sounding "punishments" for Mr. Baldy. We'll see.
Note: I was thinking about it, and I didn't want it to look like I was lumping Jake and Luke "The best aphrodisiac is my own manly musk" Thomas together. They were both on the same side in regards to that one point. While Thomas is an annoying pile of condescending, I love Jake, in a manly, non-erotic sort of way. Well, maybe a little erotic.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker