Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WTF is going on with TUF?

I know I post a lot of WTF is going on with TUF-type entries, but seriously, what the fuck is going on with TUF? They just added Roy Nelson, who held the IFL belt and fought Andrei Arlovski, and Wes Sims, who has 34 fights, including high-profile PPV bouts (as well as stomping on Frank Mir like a friggin insane idiot). They join Kimbo Slice, participant in the most-viewed fight in MMA history, who has been the recipient of his fair share of publicity. WTF? These are not unknowns. Is this a psuedo-repeat of season 4? Sims isn't exactly world-class, nor is Slice or Nelson, but they're legitimate fighters in my eyes. Well, except for Slice, who's done nothing to prove himself.
Also on the show are a few former football players with minimal experience, Marcus Jones, Matt Mitrione, Brendan Schaub and Wes Shivers...I can't imagine a dude with a 0-0 record coming in and doing anything other than get utterly smashed by a crazed bruiser like Nelson, to be honest. They are seriously just aiming for a freakshow finale...I can imagine that Dana White/Spike is hoping for a Kimbo Slice appearance in their finale. What more could they ask for? A proven ratings draw, and the cover to say "Well, I thought he was lame, but he proved he's for real!"
I'm actually interested now.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker