Sunday, March 1, 2009

WEC tonight

I thought I'd get my picks in early.
MAIN CARD

  • Champ Mike Brown vs. Leonard Garcia (for featherweight belt)
    I think MTB will avoid Garcia's hard swinging, find a way to take him down, and pull out a decision win.

  • Ricardo Lamas vs. Bart Palaszewski
    Dangerous fight for Bartimus, but he should be able to avoid the upset and pull out a Round 2 TKO.

  • Jose Aldo vs. Chris Mickle
    Aldo is a dangerous man. Look for a nasty, brutish and short beatdown.

  • Marcus Hicks vs. Rob McCullough
    McCullough could lose this fight, but he shouldn't. Depends on his brain...if Razor comes out focused, he should dominate a roudn 2 TKO. If not...

  • Phil Cardella vs. Danny Castillo
    Castillo R1 sub

  • Marcos Galvao vs. Damacio Page
    I'm going to take Damacio. He's got a lot of heart, and Galvao hasn't impressed me, ever. R1 sub (off some GNP)

  • Johny Hendricks vs. Alex Serdyukov
    Serdyokov is a pro, but Hendricks is a young athletic up-and-comer. I'll take Hendricks by R1 TKO, but Serdyukov could weather the storm and pull out a later-round win.

  • Kenji Osawa vs. Rafael Rebello
    These two guys I know nothing but what sherdog tells me. Osawa is a lot more experienced...I'll take Osawa by UD.

  • Alex Karalexis vs. Greg McIntyre
    Alex by wicked pissah UD.

  • Mike Budnik vs. John Franchi
    Franchi, R1 sub

  • Justin Haskins vs. Mike Pierce
    Pierce UD


WEC almost always puts together entertaining events, so I'm excited for this one.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker