Friday, November 9, 2007

EliteXC picks


OK. Time to go on the record. My picks in bold.

Karl James Noons vs. Nick Diaz I'm taking the upset here. I think KJ will bring a boxing match that Diaz hasn't seen, and challenge Nick's iron-hard chin. I'm taking this as a total upset, and if Nick wins, I will be completely unsurprised and enjoy being wrong. Should be a barn-burner.

Kevin Ferguson vs. Bo Cantrell Kimbo Slice...based on Bas Rutten's training and his power. Cantrell has a lot of experience, and could upset based on nerves and adrenalin dump, but I see Kimbo coming through here.

Mike Pyle vs. Jake Shields I think Jake Shields is the best welterweight not fighting in the UFC, and a top three fighter in his weight class. Should dominate.

Antonio Silva vs. Jonathan Wiezorek Wiezorek has a great record, but I think Silva is too quick for hiim.

Seth Kleinbeck vs. Kyle Noke

Yves Edwards vs. Nick Gonzalez
Geoff Bumstead vs. Robert Ruiz

Jon Kirk vs. Matt Lucas

Brett Rogers vs. Ralph Kelly

Jae Suk Lim vs. Daniel Pineda

I made a lot of these picks reading other people's reviews/predictions and going over records in sherdog and other places, so take it as such. Most of the undercard fighters I have no knowledge of outside of that.

I watched the replay of "Uprising" just now, and I gotta say they put together a good show. Villasenor-Fukuda, Shields-Verissimo, Diaz-Aina, and Lawler-Rua were all good fights. The chick fight was okay. In re Diaz-Aina, I had Diaz winning all three rounds, though I can see someone making a strong case either way. Quadros said Aina won, and he knows a couple things about fighting. Lawler is a bad, bad man. Jake Shields is basically why I ordered Showtime yesterday. I'd like to see him fight a LOT more, and it's going to be with EliteXC, so here I am.

I was surprised after watching the TapouT ep with "Charuto" that he came out wearing non-TapouT trunks. Wonder what happened there? Fukuda could be something special if he finds a way to string a lot more punches together at a go.

I'm jacked up for tomorrow night's event, and I'm hoping that Showtime/EliteXC show me something good.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker